Tuesday, April 27, 2010
I originally used a font that was in a handwritten style, very swirly and quite over the top. Deciding this looked rather awful, I created the type myself hand drawn. I experimented with hand writing but unable to seem to make it look anything other than my horrible handwriting, I traced over the top of a font with paintbrush and ink to create a more unique and uncontrolled version of the type, to again emphasise the hand made feel I wanted to the whole book. I then cut it up and arranged it different ways - I wanted a look to the text that did not look neat - possibly like a mistake made by the printer.